Workplace Giving is a program that is initiated by an employer so that their employees can donate to a charity directly from their salaries.
The Girls Academy Workplace Giving program provides your company with an opportunity to engage your employees in working together towards a common goal of supporting Indigenous girls in Australia.
It provides participants with a strong sense of purpose in making a contribution to the educational support programs we provide to Indigenous girls to help them overcome the barriers preventing them from completing their education.
Workplace Giving enables employees to make a small pre-tax donation direct from their pay. Your employees may not even notice the difference in their pay but the girls enrolled in the Girls Academy will benefit greatly from your continued support.
If we work together, as little as $2 per pay, less than the cost of a coffee, we can make a profound difference to the lives of at-risk Aboriginal girls.
How your donation will help close the Gap
Through your generosity, we can change lives and communities.
Current Data for Indigenous Girls
- 47% do not proceed past Year 10.
- Indigenous girls make up only 1% of the university population.
- Year 12 graduation rates are 29% lower than the nationalaverage.
- Suicide rates are five times higher than the national average.
- 50% of incarcerated women are Indigenous.
- Teen pregnancy is five times higher than the average.
- 48% of Indigenous mothers need access to support programs.
- 40 times more likely to be victims of domestic violence.
- One third of Aboriginal women die before they turn 45.
- Unemployment is five times higher than non-Indigenous people
Girls Academy Typical Results
Over the past five years the Girls Academy has seenYear 12 enrolments increase by 276%.
- Since 2010, graduation rates have increased by76%.
- 41% of Academy girls surveyed indicated a desire topursue tertiary education pathways.
- In 2016, the Girls Academy attendance rate was11% higher than the all-Indigenous studentattendance rate across the country.
- Teen pregnancy rates reduced by 95% (anecdotaldata report – formal statistics are not recorded).
Whats in it for you?
Workplace Giving encourages employees to work together to achieve a common goal.
Enjoy greater staff engagement and a boost in employee morale.
It is of low burden to implement and administer.
Customisable and detailed reporting on demand.
Employees look favourably upon employers who show good corporate social responsibility.
Over 85% of employees surveyed felt this form of community engagement and generosity made their company a better place to work (Good2Give 2015).
Consumers want to do business with companies that care.
Promotion of your company’s achievements in workplace giving on the Girls Academy website & social media channels.
Offering further opportunities to engage in a volunteer capacity with the Girls
Only one simple form needs to be completed and given to your Payroll Department.
The automatic pre-tax deduction is simple and convenient.
Provides an immediate tax benefit by reducing your taxable income – no need to keep or find receipts.
No disclosure of credit card or bank details.
Donations can be started, changed or stopped at any time.
Donations will automatically appear on group certificates.
Access to news and updates from the Girls Academy – Seewhere your money is going.
Get involved in your community and have confidence inknowing your donations are making a difference.
That feeling that comes with knowing that you havecontributed to something good.
Want to get involved?
You can join an existing platform or if you have your own Payroll Giving program in place we can simply provide you with the details you need to make the Girls Academy a recipient of your existing Workplace Giving Program.
The Girls Academy subscribes to the Good2Give Workplace Giving platform. Good2Give is all about making giving easy, efficient and rewarding for businesses, charities and donors alike. The purpose-built online workplace giving platform has supported businesses and donors to give more than $155 million to charitable causes.
For more information view the attached Workplace Giving information document, or contact us directly to become a Workplace Giving donor.